Publishing industry has undergone a transformation in the whole world, so like it or not the publishing world began or in the stage of moving from print media into digital media. This was driven by the rapid growth devices such as Kindle, iPad, and so forth.
According to Amazon CEO Jeff prediction Besoz e-book sales will beat paperback sales in the world is 9-12 months ahead.
The transition to digital media causes new challenges for the printing world that is changing print formats into a format accepted by digital devices, screen size, and shape. But this also provides a unique new opportunity to publishing industry in general and books in particular.
So it is no exaggeration to predict that a successful publisher will make the experience of digital products better than just doing export InDesign files into ePub format or PDF. Experience the reader should be better.
When the dreams do become a reality, especially in Indonesia while reading appetites are so low? I think when reading itself turns into a life style, or a social trend, it would not take too long to be boom culture. So, let’s observe how its development turn out.
- J.A. Konrath: eBooks And The Ease Of Self-Publishing (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Reinvention of Print, One App at a Time (mashable.com)
- Mike Shatzkin thinks publishers should protect paper books (teleread.com)
- EBook Pricing Goes Outright Insane (mikecanex.wordpress.com)
- The Evolution of the E-book: When is a Book Not a Book? (gigaom.com)
- Why I Secretly Hope For An Epidemic Of Book Piracy (hypebot.com)